Re: [TowerTalk] Archives

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Archives
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 03:46:15 -0400
On 6/26/19 2:58 PM, N4ZR wrote:
> Yup, I remember when you would get chastised for raising non-contest
> topics on contesting.com - so we had to resort to asking about
> "contesting towers" "and contesting antennas"

I simply can't think of a more worthless pursuit in ham radio than contesting.
 Even showed up to field day to get a 5.9 GHz radio link going, and found out
they can't count it as a "contact" for points.  But hey, we got ARRL
"radiograms", half the length of a tweet and twice as pointless!

I've been involved in a few towers going up one even for ham radio, and I
think the lowest we ever made it was a 52 MHz remote receiver for an repeater
input.  I'd love to ask that; "I have a question about my contesting
propagation beacon that has a repeat function too", lolz.

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice