Re: [TowerTalk] Archives

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Archives
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 09:44:17 -0700

That's a pretty boorish comment, considering that a very large portion of the activity on the ham bands is due to contesting and especially considering that the strength of ham radio lies with the variety of activities it offers.

Not surprised you didn't include your callsign ...

Dave   AB7E

I simply can't think of a more worthless pursuit in ham radio than contesting.
  Even showed up to field day to get a 5.9 GHz radio link going, and found out
they can't count it as a "contact" for points.  But hey, we got ARRL
"radiograms", half the length of a tweet and twice as pointless!

I've been involved in a few towers going up one even for ham radio, and I
think the lowest we ever made it was a 52 MHz remote receiver for an repeater
input.  I'd love to ask that; "I have a question about my contesting
propagation beacon that has a repeat function too", lolz.

73's