Re: [TowerTalk] My First Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My First Tower
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 11:02:44 -0700
On 7/1/2019 10:54 AM, w0jx--- via TowerTalk wrote:
Secondly, if I recall, someone on Tower Talk trimmed off the top of a strong
tree and was able to mount a tribander on to the tree trunk. I have a huge ash
on my lot right now that would serve well as a solid 60 foot mast!

That may have been my neighbor, NI6T. When he heard I was considering it, he strongly advised me against it for one simple reason. Most guys who will climb your tower know what to do when they get up there. Tree climbers won't have a clue. Garry had exactly that experience, and it cost him a bundle.

73, Jim K9YC