Re: [TowerTalk] correcting aluminum tube

To: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>, Kim <whensley11@comcast.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] correcting aluminum tube
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 15:10:31 -0700

On 7/17/2019 12:12 PM, Ken K6MR wrote:
If it’s a reasonable size (around 2”  or 3” or so) go to Harbor Freight and get an
“exhaust pipe expander”.  Put in the bad end, tighten, and it will make the end round again.

Ken K6MR

Has anyone verified that this actually works?
I tried to use an HF exhaust expander on 0.050" wall
Al irrigation pipe and the screw became very hard to
turn yet nothing happened to the pipe.  Did I do
something wrong?  Seems like it should have worked.

Rick N6RK