Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline Conduit Insights please

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline Conduit Insights please
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 19:33:58 -0700
On 7/24/2019 6:33 PM, Ken Bauer via TowerTalk wrote:
I plan to run two hardlines

All of my hard line has been laying on the ground for about 10 years. Most of it LDF5 or equivalent. K6XX has done the same at his multi-tower contesting station for much longer. I can't imagine vermints chewing through that kind of hard line. I've also had good luck with direct burial Commscope CATV RG6 for RX antennas. It is generally accepted that varmints don't like the goo that self-seals a break in the outer jacket. Most it also lays on the ground (although some is suspended). Many of my runs are 300 - 400 ft long. Some of K6XX's are longer (and he uses bigger hard line for them). Even my control lines (SteppIR, rotators) are laying on the ground, and were installed ten years ago.

73, Jim K9YC