Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR and SO2R

To: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR and SO2R
From: Jack Brindle via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 19:13:20 -0700
It really only works for two bands. When 10m returns (it has actually been
active recently), you will want to use all three (20, 15 and 10), so a
triplexer is the way to go. These things work by passing the band of interest
on each port, while filtering out the other bands. Basically, there are three
inputs (one per band) and a single output to the antenna. You will generally
need a dual antenna switch before the triplexer, unless you dedicate a rig to a
single band.

So in general, a diplexer is not as useful for the high bands as a triplexer.
Also, they are much harder to find.
There is a lot of info available on this topic. Beside Jim’s, my favorite is
VA6AM’s site.

Hope this helps.

73,
Jack, W6FB