Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete

To: towertalk@contesting.com, xdavid@cis-broadband.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 17:11:23 +0000 (UTC)
>  What size is your tower base?? In my opinion, mixing your own for a
typical tower base is not a cost effective undertaking unless you have some
insurmountable access issue that prevents you from bringing in a mixer truck.
    I agree. I've poured dozens of tower bases and every base plan I've ever
seen calls for 3kpsi concrete. The labor involved in buying, transporting,
mixing and pouring a base yourself doesn't usually pencil out compared to
having it delivered.

    And if there is an access issue, hire a line pump to get the mud in the
hole. It'll pump up to 400 feet which should solve most problems.

Cheers,Steve    K7LXCTOWER TECH -Professional tower services for amateur and
commercial