Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete

To: k7lxc@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, xdavid@cis-broadband.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete
From: baughn <baughn@centurylink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:18:46 -0400
Or use a concrete buggy which is available at most rental centers-you can park
the truck as close as possible then buggy the load. The buggy usually holds
around .4-.5 yds.Steve, WD8NPL Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10e, an AT&T 5G
Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk
<towertalk@contesting.com> Date: 8/26/19  1:11 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
towertalk@contesting.com, xdavid@cis-broadband.com Subject: Re: [TowerTalk]
Concrete >  What size is your tower base?? In my opinion, mixing your own for
atypical tower base is not a cost effective undertaking unless you have some
insurmountable access issue that prevents you from bringing in a mixer truck.
 I agree. I've poured dozens of tower bases and every base plan I've ever seen
calls for 3kpsi concrete. The labor involved in buying, transporting, mixing
and pouring a base yourself doesn't usually pencil out compared to having it
delivered.    And if there is an access issue, hire a line pump to get the mud
in the hole. It'll pump up to 400 feet which should solve most
problems.Cheers,Steve    K7LXCTOWER TECH -Professional tower services for
amateur and
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk