Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR

To: "'Mal Speer'" <malco@carolina.rr.com>, <john@kk9a.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR
From: "Doug Ronald" <doug@dougronald.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 10:48:42 -0700
Wind is the reason. I get usually two storms in the winter with BIG winds.
My anemometer at about 20 feet has had the cups blown off it with a 116 MPH
reading. Even this military antenna with a 120 MPH survival rating has had
the back two elements tear loose once, and the rear-most element tear loose
twice. The local weather people reported a 136 MPH gust last winter at a
nearby location.
W6DSR