Re: [TowerTalk] Homemade portable mast

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Homemade portable mast
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:41:04 -0500
Date: 8/29/19  9:19 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: Re:
[TowerTalk] Homemade portable mast On 8/29/2019 4:22 PM, Keith Dutson wrote:> I
doubt the aluminum poles will support that beam.  I tried to put up a Force 12
C3 at 20 feet for field day, but the poles had too much flex and bent like a
wet noodle.How high were you trying to go? How did you support the mast? For
years, we've used the Al mast sections with a tripod fitting to rig a C3SS at
30 ft or so for FD, 7QP, CQP. Photos in k9yc.com/7QP.pdf  Once in the air, we
guy it. W6GJB found a vendor selling the tripod fittings at Dayton one year. As
I recall, this was one of the tricks that K7JA showed in talk at Visalia or
Pacificon that was a collection of good ideas. W6GJB is a pilot, and he found
some real neat fittings that can be driven into almost any ground to tie down
small aircraft. I think google for tiedown or tydown.73, Jim
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk