[TowerTalk] Grounding

To: "Tower Talk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding
From: Julio Peralta via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 08:24:34 -0400
I'm getting ready to install a SPG ground system at my QTH. I've read a lot
of the material available for Amateurs including Steve's book and the ARRL's
books.

My question is how far should the first set of grounds rods, the ones that
ring the tower base, be placed from the tower base?

I've read that when using an 8' ground rod , the rods should be separated by
2X the length of the rods or 16'. However unless I missed it I haven't seen
a distance mentioned for the first rods from the base.

Julio, W4HY