Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR
From: "Doug Ronald" <doug@dougronald.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 10:42:39 -0700
People would show up at every hearing, and there were four hearings, and say
things like: "I don't want ANYTHING manmade in my view shed!".  Another couple
some 2.5 miles away line-of-sight, would show up and demand that the county not
allow anything like this to be permitted. From my site, the county required
that I fly a helium filled weather balloon at 100 feet after which we all went
around to the various "neighbors" locations to see how visible the balloon was.
The clowns 2.5 miles away had no chance of even seeing the antenna ever.
The county finally to permit the antenna, let the nearest neighbor about 1/3
mile away, pick the site. Of course he placed it at the lowest point feasible.
The ironic part is that the this man does not even live there. The cabin he
owns he rents to a more rational woman who was all for the antenna and a ham
next door who could communicate with the outside world when there was a fire or
earthquake.
Try to understand or reason with people like that - it can't be done...
-Doug, W6DSR