Re: [TowerTalk] Polygon Guy Rods

To: Ron WV4P <wv4ptn@gmail.com>, towertalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polygon Guy Rods
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 01:00:51 +0000
Ron,

I was involved in a group buy back in the 1980’s and installed a number of
towers with them and the appropriate Preformed Line Preformed  Guy Grips.

Initially the 6 ft. rolls ( just some  in my case 7 of 12 rolls ) broke many of
the turns mid point 180 deg. Of one another.  The co replaced the product and
there was conjecture as to how this happened.

Never the less as far as installed failure My tower and  one’s I installed for
other have had no failure as of yet !  I took down one 150 R65 guys three ways
three levels  last summer and the Polly rod was inspected B-4 rolling up and
was 100%  visually  ?  I was told about Tim’s LR failure and was conserned.  ?

 The last 10 years  my towers are  NOW all PhillyStran

YMMV

Wayne W3EA