[TowerTalk] JK C3S WARC Modifications

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] JK C3S WARC Modifications
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 09:41:39 -0800
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 13:58:27 -0400
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

<I have a C3S tribander which I seldom use except when on WARC bands.  It is
<useable there but not as good as I think it would be modifying it for 24
<and 18Mhz.  I wonder if anyone has tried that?  I don't care about 10 and
<15.  I think by just changing the dimension, i.e making the 10-meter
<elements longer for 24Mhz  and the 15-meter element shorter to cover 18
<Mhz, would possibly work.  Is there anyone who has done this successfully?

<Herb, KV4FZ

##  contact  Ken  at JK  ants.  No  need to  buy  a megabuck  new  yagi....then
 ship it  to KV4  Land.
The  issue  with the  F12 els is.... the brackets for  ele  to  boom  are fixed
 In  place.   The  saving grace  is  the
18  +  24 mhz  bands are  only  100 kz  wide.

##  BTW, ur 15M  eles  would  have to be made  LONGER, not  shorter.   I  would
 shorten the  20M
eles..and   relocate them  to  where the  15   els  currently  reside on  the
boom.

##  what  u  propose is  easily  doable..at  zero  expense.

##  Then  u  end  up  with  a 18 +  24  mhz  duobander...with  flat  swr  +
good  gain +  good  FB.

Jim  VE7RF