Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 14:27:54 -0600
I was also curious why rotator cable needs replacing, perhaps wear/damage from the crank-up tower? FWIW, I have been using THHN house wire for my rotators for decades without no issues.

John KK9A

k7lxc wrote:

Probably needs changing? What's the compelling reason for spending all the time and money to change it? I can't remember ever replacing rotator cable in over 260 ham installations. If it ain't broke - don't fix it. Just my opinion.

Cheers,Steve      K7LXCTOWER TECH -Professional tower services for amateurs