Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Crimp-On Connectors

To: W3YY <w3yy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Crimp-On Connectors
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 20:07:26 -0500
All,

I used 15-18 crimp-on N connectors wrapped in Scotch 88 tape for 14 years
while on a salt water canal, less than 50 feet from the water, 1 mile
inland in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I religiously wrapped two passes, 4" each
side of the connector. This is an area with average annual rainfall of 60+
inches per year.

I never had a connection fail, even after Wilma blew away most of my
antennas.

I did, however, have coax fail after windstorms caused abrasions in the
coax. But never a connector!

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
*“The servant-leader is servant first… It begins with the natural feeling
that one wants to serve, to serve first. Then conscious choice brings one
to aspire to lead." Robert K. Greenleaf*