Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying alloy in mast

To: <john@kk9a.com>, "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying alloy in mast
From: al.n6ta@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 20:46:54 -0800
Is it sufficient to ask for 4130 or 1026 or must one consider the details of
the heat treat, quench and temper, etc.  If you go to a supplier, you will pay
for the 'certs' that guarantee that you get what you pay for.
I do not know but bought the certs after talking to the tubing yard 'experts'.
Al
N6TA