Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Alpha Spid

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Alpha Spid
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:49:47 -0800
K0XG rings meet the bill, seven on my Rohn 65. Some startup fixes and then no problems 5 years. see my QRZ page. A huge complex project though.

Would I do it again - no. I'd go with swing arms with 20ft masts, top and bottom supports, 2 yagis per. It's rare I need fully independent beams and almost never 360 degrees for me. I did the CAD work for these swing arms. Some CNC plasma cutting of 1/4" steel plate and welding needed for a fraction of the cost. Uses a standard mount rotator, eg Orion 2800, etc for rotation.

Grant KZ1W