[TowerTalk] Vertical Antenna Question

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical Antenna Question
From: Gary <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 02:23:01 +0000
I used my DX Engineering gift certificate to buy a copy of the "Champion Radio
HF Vertical Performance - Test Methods & Results". I really enjoyed the book
and learned a lot.

It looks like a vertical is the only antenna I am going to get in my terraced
back yard. Has anyone done a similar look at verticals where they looked at
radials vs no radials? There are a lot of claims out there about verticals that
work without radials. The above test looked at some of those antennas but they
were mounted over a radial field...

I am still wondering how I am going to run the radials up the brick terraces,
and they are going to have to be pretty short.

I am ready to listen and learn.

Thanks and 73,
Gary "Joe" Mayfield, kk0sd