[TowerTalk] New Hy Gain T2X ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Hy Gain T2X ?
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 18:17:12 -0700
I am planning on replacing my 28 year old Hy Gain T2X on one of my towers.   It
has finally given up.  I have a Force 12 C3 on the mast.  12  foot boom,  not
much load to contend with.  I was originally thinking of doing a rebuild but
I'm now thinking of getting a new unit.  The reviews on EHAM aren't all that
great but I am inclined to take them with a grain of salt.  Unless you have the
brake delay it is likely you may release the turn button and engage the brake
too soon and damage the unit.   Common issue.   Thought I would ask the groups
opinion about a new T2X.  Do you know if they have they changed the internals
on the new units to be not as reiable as the older ones ?
Am I safe to get a new T2X now ?

Bob
K6UJ