Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vees

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vees
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:06:38 -0700
My RX antenna is my TX vertical too. Conventional wisdom says you "have" to have a receiving antenna and a vertical TX antenna to work DX.  I worked my first 80 countries or so with an inverted-vee, 45-feet high at the apex and ends about 6' high.  Then I installed a 55' inverted-L and worked another 60 or so.  Am I a top gun?  No, but my goal of 9-band DXCC from one location is achieved.

Wes  N7WS