Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: RFI

To: 'towertalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: RFI
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:54:12 -0400
I should have made that clear, yes you start off at lower frequencies, and gradually tune higher & higher as you get closer to the source. I found it to be the fastest method with what I had at the time to home in on the trouble. The problem is that in certain band segments it's hard to find a quiet channel to listen for noise on, which means you need a quality receiver with some semblance of selectivity.

-Steve K8LX