Re: [TowerTalk] Choice of Antenna Wire for Multi-Element 80 Meter Yagi o

To: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Choice of Antenna Wire for Multi-Element 80 Meter Yagi on a Catenary
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 15:53:48 +0000
For wire antennas best is the wire called "Copperweld" or "DX Wire".
It is a hard steel core surrounded by thick copper, then insulation.
It gets the mechanical strength from steel, no stretching, and the copper
conductivity.

At warm places is even more important for temperature stretch.

73, Maximo - EA1DDO