Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need an insulator on the ends of my dipole?

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need an insulator on the ends of my dipole?
From: Kevin Zembower via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 14:44:45 -0400
Thank you all for the suggestions and advice. I never thought it would generate so many and such wide ranging responses.

I'll probably go with insulators on the ends of the wire dipole, but probably don't need the fins and larger size of the Budwig. I'm thinking of just a narrow, thin piece of plexiglass or Lexan, with holes drilled in the ends, or a piece of plastic rod, like are often used to adjust Venetian blinds. Or, I thought of just 6-12 inches of thicker, 100 lb. test monofilament nylon fishing line, tied to a thimble in the wire and the other end to the rope. Even when wet, I don't think that would have much conductance.

Thanks, again, for all your help.

-Kevin
KC3KZ