Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need an insulator on the ends of my dipole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need an insulator on the ends of my dipole?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:23:02 -0400
The Nylon rope is an insulator until gets wet, collects, decays and collects
more stuff with UV exposure, etc.  Assuming your fan dipole is a half-wave
on all bands -- and it should be, keep in mind that RF voltage is maximum at
each end.

I would consider the common dark green Budwig insulators that have a decent
ribbed dirt path.  They're stealthy enough.

Paul, W9AC