[TowerTalk] Climbing Harness

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Harness
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 05:47:13 -0500
I started climbing back in 1998 when erecting my 150 foot Rohn 45 tower.  My
ham friend who had been climbing for many years recommended a Miller nylon
climbing belt with two nylon gorilla hooks to attach while climbing.  This
has served me well for more than twenty years, but as I get older, I am more
concerned with safety.  I think it is time for a full body harness with fall
arrest.  I would use the gorilla hooks attached to the fall arrest.

What are you using?  I would like some advice, especially regarding fit and
comfort, as well as performance.  Thanks.

73, Keith NM5G