Re: [TowerTalk] 20m monoband Yagi height

To: 'Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H' <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>, <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 20m monoband Yagi height
From: <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:37:29 +0200
Indeed, HFTA is extremely helpful when optimizing antenna heights.
I have a sloping foreground advantage when working USA and use 5/5/5 on 20m.

Here is the HFTA diagram:

https://pbase.com/df3kv/image/86404961

At the moment only the highest antenna at 148 feet is on the tower and a
similar one on another tower at 82 feet.

With the present conditions the high antenna beats the lower antenna any
time.
Some years ago there were times when the lowest antenna of the stack alone
was the best to the east coast.
With the high antenna I am also able to hear almost any other German station
via back scatter.

73
Peter