Re: [TowerTalk] FULTON WINCH

To: Ron Gorski <ron-n9au@sbcglobal.net>, "'dt'" <k0dan@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FULTON WINCH
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 15:14:59 -0700
Possibly the demise of the KW3000 is not a big loss.  IMHO, it
isn't all that great because it has a spur gear instead of a
true worm drive and has a problem with overheating and friction
(probably related).  I had one that I had to retire because
the bearings failed.

I currently have a MUCH larger worm gear winch that I would
say is merely "adequate", but not bulletproof.  Details can
be seen at:

http://www.n6rk.com/boat_lift_hoist_tilt_over_tower.pdf

Rick N6RK