Re: [TowerTalk] Lifeline

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifeline
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 14:28:47 -0400
It would be easy to mount a permanent pulley block (of the right kind and of adequate strength) to the the top of a leg using steel hardware - no slings.

Have a permanent light long lasting rope strung up thru the block and back down.

Use the light line to pull a lifeline up thru the block and back down whenever you need to climb. Reverse the process when you get done.

Our 5/8" lifelines (safety climb ropes) are 3 strand twist ropes made from either polyester or nylon. Most rope grabs are made for 5/8" rope. Stay away from polypropylene which turns to dust in the sunlight very quickly.

-Steve K8LX