Re: [TowerTalk] Drones

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drones
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:16:17 -0400 (EDT)
This video in Fernando's post below is the exact system I used too. Same drone.
I purchased this drone as a gift for my son's high school graduation a few
years ago and never thought it would be useful for my hobby. Worked very well
once we adjusted the release for the breeze - it had more of an effect than
anticipated. I can see trying to fly through branches or a heavily wooded area
could be an issue. Fortunately we could fly the drone over the top of the
branch I wanted without coming close to other branches or trees. Release
mechanism shown in the video worked well too. Flight time is reduced due to the
weight of the payload so you need to keep an eye on the battery.
73,
Ed K3DNE