[TowerTalk] Drones

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Drones
From: Don <w7wll@peak.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 09:38:45 -0700
Tnx to all for the leads to the videos. Gave me a good heads-up on release idea. Looks like there is a lot of interest by the amateur radio community.

Did some more sleuthing, this time with better keywords and discovered a goodly number of release aftermarket items for a wide number of drones, by model and generic.

Ham friend just bought a DJI Mavic 2 and from what I could see in his first use video (just learning to fly it). I was impressed by the ease of control on the first time out. Unfortunately he ran out of juice with it to far away but was able to get it low enough so there was no damage when it 'landed'.

A drone would be a great way to put up some wire on some 150 foot Spruce old growth trees in the forests to the east and south of my home. Also would be useful for checking the beams and all up the tower. Plus just fun to use.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Don W7WLL