Re: [TowerTalk] CUSHCRAFT XM-240 bandwidth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CUSHCRAFT XM-240 bandwidth
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 12:28:03 -0600
Steve is right on the short stack.  I run a set of the JK402T here - which is the Moxon-like thing JK makes - at 70 & 140'. Works pretty good and has nice BW & good F/B compared to what you would expect from a conventional stubby 2-element.

A pair of 2-element on 40m makes a lot of sense here in the midwest because keeping up a full sized 40m beam given our tornado alley location, frequent high wind and the occasional ice conditions a serious challenge.   Plus a big beam means bigger rotor & tower are additional and needed to hold it up and hold it in place.  It's all been up now for 3 years and has not broke yet which is great!  And I manage to catch a bit of DX and contest luck despite not having the full sized 3-4 element big boy running here.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com