Re: [TowerTalk] ground wire thoughts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground wire thoughts
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 18:42:56 -0500
John

Looking at your layout on Google Earth.

It looks like you have space to run radials� at least 100' to the north, north east and northwest and southwest I would start there Then I would make friends with whoever owns the pastures to the east and west and see if they will� let you bury some wire right after the next time they mow the or cut hay from the field . Your only talking 50' into each pasture and burying the wires 2" will put them out of harms way the next time they run the bailing machine through there or run cattle on the property. Your only "blind spot" then is to the south and south east towards the house.

As� Jim noted and has been discussed on here several times radials crossing each other is generally not a problem with ground mounted radials. running the radials out from the base of the tower is the goal . Depending on the type of metal fence you may even experiment with bonding radials to the base of the wire fence. The risk is if the sections of fence are not well bonded to each other then there is the risk of noise

Dave
NR1DX