Re: [TowerTalk] ground wire thoughts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground wire thoughts
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 22:23:10 -0600
Jim, if what you are saying is the case, then yes, I agree.

I would add that I am pretty sure that a lower band parasitic vertical array (an inverted L is a top loaded vert in reality) needs a VERY EXCELLENT ground to work right.  And that means a pretty limited amount of metals in the field as well.  A few radials off to one side is definitely not going to make a guy smile much in the end.

If that's literally the only option, then investing a lot more in getting radial concentration around the vert is needed.  And in the worst case, driving the pair using phasing lines and forgoing the parasitic plan.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com