Re: [TowerTalk] outdoor junction shelters

To: "'Grant Saviers'" <grants2@pacbell.net>, "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] outdoor junction shelters
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 19:16:53 -0600
On my 40 meter beam I needed a housing for the gamma capacitor. I used about
18 inches of 4" pvc pipe and put fernco caps on each end. It contains the
variable cap and a motor to tune it from the shack. Hose clamps strap it to
the boom.
I drilled The rubber fernco caps with small holes for the cables to fit
tight. This keeps the water out.
A couple of small holes on the bottom side of the pipe for vents.

73
Gary K4FMX