Re: [TowerTalk] outdoor junction shelters

To: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] outdoor junction shelters
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 18:39:56 +0000
Drew,

  Tried to stay away from this thread, but you point if splceing @ HF  jolted
my reaction.
My Mentor and I know  friend of yours  Gerry Mathis  W3GM  was the king of wire
nuts. The all plastic ones.
He had a 10 meter stack 100/50 ft 5 element  and a separate  10  4 element @ 20
ft  all switched with coax  transformers.  The junctions  were all made with
wire nuts  and electrical tape.  His  stations 10 meter numbers were always at
or near the top in many contests !

I am not saying this is the way to do these things BUT in hindsight  it works !

Wayne W3EA  ,