Re: [TowerTalk] pulley advice

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pulley advice
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 15:07:24 -0800
On 3/9/2021 2:12 PM, Dave Sublette wrote:
I need to replace pulleys used to haul up 80 meter dipole ends.  I need to
find sources for good quality pulleys, perhaps stainless steel types used
on sailboats?

I also need a general purpose, 4 inch diameter pulley for hoisting antennas
(big) on the tower.  Perhaps this one should be the snatch block variety?

So what are your go-to sources?

For sailing pulleys, a retailer that caters to sailors. Out here on the left coast, that's West Marine. For almost 15 years, I've been using CMI (Colorado Mountain Industries) rescue pulleys. They also make 4-in diam pulleys.

73, Jim K9YC