Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Cabling Query

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Cabling Query
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 13:20:14 -0500
No, Hy-Gain uses a spur gear drive which offers very little resistance to turning so they need a wedge to maintain position.

John KK9A

Robert Harmon k6uj wrote:

So will the HyGain Tailtwister hold securely with no creeping if I disconnect the brake wire ? I have had the typical stuck brake scenario with my old Tail Twisters in the past and I like the idea of not using the brake circuit if possible. I always let it coast to a stop anyway. I have a new TailTwister replacement going up in a couple of weeks.

Bob
K6UJ