Re: [TowerTalk] FCP vs On ground.txt

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FCP vs On ground.txt
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 17:14:14 -0500

On 2022-01-21 3:56 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:> The argument in support of using high elevated radials is not
supported by the N6LF data.  In fact the data Rudy has says even a
slight elevation from ground gets you most of the way there with
respect to loss.
I don't believe N6LF has done any work with elevated radials at 0.05
wavelength or greater above ground.  20 years (or more) ago N7CL
reported on work done by the US military which spoke to "elevated
ground planes".  That work started from even greater heights but
showed that the losses started to increase dramatically at 0.05
wavelengths.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV