Re: [TowerTalk] Help wanted: Removing Prodelin hardline jacket

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help wanted: Removing Prodelin hardline jacket
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 08:00:08 -0700
On 9/19/22 7:43 AM, Tyler Stewart via TowerTalk wrote:
I’ve got a bunch of this old cable I acquired through FRC that’s been buried
for 25 years and now I want to use it!
It’s about 1-1/4” with a spiral aluminum shield. And really tough plastic jacket.  I don’t know if
it’s age related, but I’m having a heck of a time trying to remove it.   I used a pipe cutter for the initial
scoring,  but otherwise just hacking at it with a utility knife tryin not to gouge the aluminum shield.
Suggestions?
73,  Ty K3MM

hot water (or a gentle heat gun) to soften the plastic a bit? I've used that technique when removing thick insulation from large gauge wire.