Re: [TowerTalk] Peak Voltage at the tips of ants ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Peak Voltage at the tips of ants ?
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 06:52:14 -0700
On 10/4/22 10:30 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
I may be crazy here, but, am I the only one that remembers using, and all the drawings in all the books of using, a meter to measure voltage, or current, along an antenna, starting at the feed-point, if one desires, and moving to the tips?

Is this no longer a thing?

Kurt

The picture is probably an example as a teaching aid.  In real life, the meter (and the leads) would affect the currents and voltages in the antenna, since the antenna radiates.

People use meters along transmission lines, but they're not radiating.