Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Ends Buried???

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Ends Buried???
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 20:15:59 -0500
I expect I'm an outlier, in a couple of respects.  I have 30 x 70-foot radials on the ground under my 160M inverted L.  I'm sure this will bother people, but I made up the radials from a spool of about a mile of AWG 20, silver(!)- plated copper wire (military surplus) that I got at Dayton years ago.  I haven't yet entirely finished the deployment (it's been too darned cold here) but I'm wondering about the impact of using such small-gauge wire for this purpose, even with the silver.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.