N5RZ/M sprINT

Ralph Bowen rbowen at computek.net
Mon Apr 29 09:03:58 EDT 1996

N5RZ/M  Internet Sprint Score

Claimed score:  163

20M  =  104
40M  =   59

Just got the Armadillo wagon going for the Texas QSO party next weekend.
Put a 2 Hamstick "clones" on top of the Jeep Wagoneer & used the ole TS430S.
This is what you guys will be hearing from about 50 counties next weekend
for the Texas QSO party.

Drove out about 12 miles south of town several miles away from the nearest
power lines.  Sure was quiet!!

Really rode the condx on 20M, but had to go to 40M at about 0215Z.  40M was
rough with the 8' antenna!!  Actually, the weaker the station was, the
better were my chances!!  I must have called K6LL 25 times on 40M (he was
about 40 over 9) and got beat almost everytime!!

Being the only light around for miles, I was attacked by bugs in the last
hour & even though it was 90+ degrees out (we set a temp record at 101
Saturday), I had to roll up all the windows & was sweating like a pig!!  No
computer - all was sent & written by hand.  I had pre-mumbered the logs only
to about 120.

This was fun.  By the way  -  look for the Mobiles in the TX QSO party May
4-5.  I am planning to hit 50 counties & others are going to be QRV!!  I
will be on 20M CW during the day & some 40M at nite.

73,

Gator  N5RZ   rbowen at computek.net