K4AAA sprINT

Bill Fisher, N4VJ / K4AAA km9p at contesting.com
Sun Dec 22 19:05:24 EST 1996

194 QSO'S.

40m:  171
80m:   23

Interesting contest.  Operated using NA in the Sprint mode.  Impossible to
have the program send the exchange.  Luckily I've been operating from my car
during my commute to work and my sending has drastically improved.  Sent
everything with the paddle (lousy Bencher).  38WPM according to NA for the
entire contest.
The K4AAA callsign is worth 10db in a pileup in the Sprint.  Seemed like I
got through every pileup and I know I wasn't always the loudest one.

Started the contest with the name 'NINEPAPA' to N2NC.  5 QSO's later
NINEPAPA had turned it to just NINE when N2NC sent it back to me.  We both
got a chuckle out of that one.  20 more QSO's and it had turned in to
something else.

Loudest:  W0GU, N2NC, K0DEQ, W1HT, K7SV, W4AU, WB0O, WW2Y

Sure like the no-mult concept.  A Sprint the way it ought to be... ehhh?

QSY to Phoenix on Tuesday.  5 days of nothing but riding the bike and
relaxing with the family.  No Stew Perry for me unfortunately.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, N4VJ & K4AAA (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com