N4BP CQ 160 SOHP

Bob Patten n4bp at shadow.net
Tue Jan 28 04:38:42 EST 1997

Call Used: N4BP						Location: FL
Category: Single Op Single Band		Mode: CW	Power: 1500
Callsign of Operator: N4BP

Exchanged Information: N4BP RST FL
Hours of Operation: 16

band	QSOs	points
====	====	======
 160	 376	   892	X  65 multipliers  =  57,980

Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

Station: FT-1000MP, AL-1500, Dipole @ 40 feet, NA v10.13

Comments: Like about everyone else, Friday night was very tough with
relatively poor condx and very high noise level.  I'm accustomed to a
reasonably fast pace on Friday followed by a very slow Saturday.  This
year, I made more than twice as many Q's the second night including a
handful of Europeans.
It was discouraging to see scores posted of more than 10X mine, but I
made my goal of beating my own score from last year...  With my limited
real estate, I'll always have to be content to compete with myself.
No KH6, KL7, or JA's but had a ball - at least on Saturday.  Apologies to
the many who must have thought I was deaf on Friday night..  I was!

Bob Patten, N4BP
Plantation, FL
n4bp at shadow.net

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com