[3830] KM3T SS Phone 97 (SO LP)

Dave Pascoe dave at mathworks.com
Sun Nov 16 20:36:16 EST 1997

KM3T SS Phone 97 Single Op, Low Power
---
                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1997

      Call: KM3T                     Country:
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator
      Section: WMA

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS
       80        7       14        -
       40      207      414        -
       20      144      288        -
       15      145      290        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------
     Totals    503     1006       79

               Score:  79,474

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 11
Equipment Description: Icom IC-765,10el LP @50',40m dipole @50'

Club Affiliation: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Notes:

It was kind of fun chasing the Sweep this time.  When I found VY1JA I knew
I had to finish the Sweep.....last one in the log was Quebec (thanks
VE2HQ!).  I worked 'HQ with the 40m dipole and a tuner.  It's time to put
the 80m and 160m antennas back up.

Low power is definitely more fun than B power.  If I had bigger antennas
it would have been even more fun.  40m beam should be up by next year.

N7TR seemed to be ahead of the pack most of the time.....except for WP2Z,
who was ahead of Rich.  Seems like lots of guys got Sweeps.

Lots of loud signals on 15 and 20m....propagation overall appeared to be
excellent.

73 es CU next time, maybe for real.
Dave

--