[3830] RTTY Roundup WW7OR(W7GG) SOAB HP

ai7b at teleport.cim ai7b at teleport.cim
Mon Jan 8 18:40:34 EST 2001

                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WW7OR
Operator(s): W7GG
Station: W7GG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

   80:     63
   15:    348     <-----Multipliers ----->
   10:    304   States  Provinces  DX   Total
Total:   1109     45        8      59    112   =  122,416

Club: WVDXC

Comments:

Fun as always and tnx to all for the Q's.  Had planned for a SO2R effort but
did not leave enuf time to debug my two PC netwk setup.  Mebbe for the RTTY WPX
test in Feb?  (reason = my radio QTH and city QTH 150 miles apart so no evening
time to refine setups)  Mebbe a remote setup would work?

Cndx pretty decent from the PNB compared to past years.  Even wked a few EU's
on 10M.  Unforntunately the high bands closed early as has been the trend in
this cycle.  No EU's on 40M for me this year but gess I made up for it on the
high bands.  JA activity seemed better than in past years?

Love these RTTY tests cuz they soooo... layed back compared to CW and SSB.
Able to eat, watch football on TV and BS on 2M without missing a beat....all at
the same time I mite add!  And, with the forced off times no reason to get
tired
or sleepy.

RTTY operation hard on amps tho....lost two and finished on my last spare.
Also lost a Tri-Bander but not sure if related to this test.  Hope to see you
all in the RTTY WPX test in February...de Bob, W7GG.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com