[3830] SS CW KF1V(K1RX) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 12:40:56 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KF1V
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Had all kinds of goals this year but 3 Q's in the contest the software version
of Murphy kicked in, CT Version 10+ (DOS) started racheting up the serial
numbers in multiples of 10, 100 and 1000, so the 4th number to send was 310,
311, etc. which screwed up a few out there!  Ended up shutting down the K1RX
operation and went back to Version 9 (ran this last year) and had no problem
going forward.  Only real problem then, lost the first 3 hours, so it became a
80/40 M contest.  My SO2R setup actually uses two computers, networked and this
was the problem with the serial numbers incrementing like it did (extra digits
floating around).  Instead of totally giving up, my buddy, KF1V suggested I keep
going and use his call.  So that's how I ended up with KF1V (K1RX opr.) in the
listing. Next year - oh sure but gonna beat the computer system first (test it)
to make sure it does not repeat the problem!  And how about the nice aurora at
the end of the contest - glad I quit early!

40 M from the east coast as usual is the money band.  New 40 M antennas to make
it all worthwhile.