[3830] TBDC KL7RA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 21 23:41:08 EDT 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kenai, Alaska

Total:  QSOs = 173  Total Score = 1,557

Great evening for topband. Worked across the US, Asia, Europe
and South America with FB signals. Activity seemed down for this
event but I guess that's not surprising for a "new" contest. I hope the
BARC keeps this warm-up idea on the calendar for next year. Had
weird echo's on my signal at times which always made me stop and
see who was transmitting. Noise was low, mostly, and able to work
QRP 5 watters. We didn't get the W1 sunrise opening but did manage
to work a few 2's/3's/4's here and there. East coast stations count the
same in this contest as working a JA for Alaska. Occasionally a signal
would peak out of the noise very very loud which is always nice to hear
on 160. Many stations, too many to mention, stuck with me to get my
call and grid, TNX. 73 Rich KL7RA