[3830] CQWW SSB YR9P(YO9HP) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 26 05:34:27 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: YR9P
Operator(s): YO9HP
Station: YO9HP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KN35BA

  160:  218    10       56
   80:  312    13       64
   40: 1350    33      120
   20: 1258    34      114
   15:  892    35      130
   10:  675    25       91

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

What a great contest! The sun (sunspot numbers during the weekend: 72-76)
returned the 15m and 10m bands to the contest community and we all enjoyed it.
It was hard to find a clear frequency to call CQ, on all bands, excepting 10m.
It seems that we don’t have enough room (I mean bandwidth) for CQWW. I wonder
if, in the case of this contest, it is impolite to call CQ in top of
somebody’s else frequency, or we have to do search & pounce only (or switch
off the radio ??!!). The QRM was so bad, that I had to give up on some
unreadable callers and to move on. Thanks everybody for patience.
This is my best score in CQWW contests and it was really exciting to run
USA/Europe at rates of 180–230 Q/hr for good intervals. I took 3.5 hours
break on Saturday and I planned another rest on Sunday, but the pile-ups kept
me in the chair till the end of the contest.
See you all in 4 weeks, in CQ-WW-CW contest. 73, Alex YO9HP